We are committed to enabling all our students to excel educationally, come and help us achieve it.
Learning Communication Support Worker (CSW) – Level 1
Actual starting range for 35 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (term time) = £16,160.00 with the opportunity to progress to £20,023.00
Exeter Deaf Academy (“the Academy”) is a charity that provides essential specialist education and residential care to Deaf young people. We are at an exciting time in our history as we build a brand new world-class Deaf Academy in Exmouth, Devon, due to open in April 2020. This facility will help our amazing Deaf students thrive. It will break down barriers to Deaf young people, bring communities together and enable families to thrive.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for committed and talented individuals to join the Academy’s existing team of LCSWs. The position involves supporting the learning of Deaf Academy students in local FE colleges, by facilitating all information and conversations.
The successful candidate will work in a team of highly skilled and qualified LCSWs. LCSWs are offered training and a mentor as well as receiving support and guidance from colleagues.
Key responsibilities (please refer to the job description for full details):
· Supporting Deaf learners of different ages on a range of courses at levels 1 and 2.
· Accompanying students on recreational activities outside.
· Provide and respond to information from teachers, lecturers and specialist tutors about the needs of Deaf learners (e.g. for assignments, coursework and exams).
· Assisting Deaf learners in work experience placements and educational trips and activities where appropriate.
· Support Deaf Learners on pre-supported internships and supported internships
Key requirements (please refer to the person specification for full details):
· British Sign Language Qualification Level 2 (essential)
· British Sign Language Qualification Level 3 (desirable)
· GCSE Mathematics & English Language Grade A-C.
· Experience of supporting deaf learners in a communication context
· Good oral & written communication skills
· Knowledge of Deaf Culture & Community
For an application pack or for further information, please visit the Academy’s website or email email@example.com.
Closing date: 23 August 2019 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children and young adults; if successful, you will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff.
(Registered Charity No. 1124523).